Quadrant Strategies is a DC-based research firm that works with Fortune 500 and public sector
entities facing significant and time-sensitive challenges to their reputation or brand. The bulk of
client work revolves around communications, business, and marketing strategies for the
client's most significant challenges, both in the heat of a crisis and when the company is addressing
other strategic business hurdles. Quadrant uses custom market research to assess a situation
and provide strategic insights.
The partners at Quadrant Strategies have advised more than 25 of the Fortune 50 on some of the highest profile corporate and public affairs issues of the last two decades. The firm generally engages with clients' top leadership, and much of the work is strictly confidential, even within clients' own organizations.
The Bookkeeper will work with the Staff Accountant to manage and execute on accounting processes in coordination with Client and Operations teams. We are looking for someone who is able to effectively manage day-to-day bookkeeping operations, work in partnership with teams across the organization to execute on their financial needs, and conduct periodic reconciliations. This is a terrific opportunity to enhance a career in bookkeeping and accounting at a rapidly growing firm.
- Provide heavy clerical and administrative duties on a regular basis.
- Examine data found in client billings, project reports, and support documentation for deficiencies.
- Conduct periodic reconciliations of accounts, bank, and credit card statements to ensure their accuracy.
- Oversee accounts payable functions and coordinate with vendors as necessary.
- Analyze financial data and monthly project reports.
- Maintain an orderly accounting filing system.
- Process bi-weekly payroll.
- Assist in managing corporate credit card.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- 1+ years of accounting experience or certification equivalent
- Familiarity with QuickBooks (Desktop editions are a plus)
- Advanced experience with all programs of Microsoft Office
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing is essential
- Willingness to learn and be adaptable in a fast paced environment
- Excellent analytical, organizational, and planning skills
- High attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to analyze information and deal with complexity
- Experience with financial software like: Bill.com, Expensify (or other expense tracking software)
- Familiarity with Quickbooks Desktop
- Managed Year-end tax forms for vendors
- Experience in billing portals like Ariba, Coupa, etc.