Matt has both an undergraduate and law degree from Stanford University.
He is originally from Detroit, Michigan and is currently based in Washington, D.C.
- Member of Senior Executive Service in the Obama Administration, working in the White House, the National Security Council, and the Departments of State, Justice, and Homeland Security
- Counsel, U.S. Senator Bill Nelson (D-FL)
- Special Minority Counsel, House Judiciary Committee
- Litigation Director and Legislative Counsel, Violence Policy Center
- Senior Counsel at the Department of Justice in the Clinton Administration
- Skadden Fellow, ACLU of Illinois